Billing and Credit Card Information
In order to enable payment to fulfill your orders, we may collect name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, and other billing information. This information will only be shared with third parties who facilitate completion of the purchase transaction, such as by fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
We will not disclose your billing and/or credit card information with other third parties unless required by law or a court order, or unless disclosure is required to address an issue implicated by the financial transaction. For instance, if you claim that your billing and/or credit card information was used to make a purchase you did not authorize, details about the transaction may be disclosed to law enforcement and any party we deem necessary to address the matter.
How is My Information Stored?
We implement a variety of security measures in an effort to reasonably maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
As you browse through our website and place orders, we automatically collect and store the following non-personal, or anonymous information about your visit:
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit on our site;
- if You navigate to our site by clicking a link, the location of that link;
- the technical capabilities of the computer you use to access our site;
- the internet service provider You use to connect to our site (for example "companyX.com" if you have a commercial internet account, or "universityX.edu" if you connect from a university); and
- the IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access our site.
We use this information, in the aggregate, to make our website more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology used, to detect operational problems, and to improve the website's overall security.